Principal Bill Tipton
Welcome to Skyline 2016-17 from Ferndale Schools on Vimeo.
- Helping Our Children Navigate the Stress of Holidays. December 5, 2016 Dear Skyline Families,
We are getting deep into the holiday season. For many of us this is a time of reflection, joy, and giving. For others, including some of our students, ... Read More
- Good Attendance Habits October 3, 2016 What Can Parents Do To Support Their Students With Good Attendance Habits?
Dear Skyline Families,
This is a follow-up to my earlier communication to you about attendance. Below are some steps you ... Read More
- Attendance Matters September 15, 2016 Dear Skyline Families,
September is Attendance Awareness Month. I want to take this opportunity to share with you some information about the importance of attendance and some of the action steps ... Read More
- September 2016 August 30, 2016
Dear Skyline Families,
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! Skyline Elementary School is an amazing place for students, staff, and families. I am honored and excited to once again be ... Read More
- Combat the Sinister Summer Slump! June 16, 2016 Summer vacation is an opportunity. An opportunity to spend needed time with family, needed time enjoying new experiences, and needed time to finish projects left to the side. Many of our ... Read More
- Traffic Revisions March 21, 2016 Our Traffic revisions to the parking lot, the drop off and pick up process, and dismissal procedures were implemented in late November and December. For the most part I can ... Read More
- Recognition Assembly March 21, 2016 On February 4th, Skyline Elementary held our first biannual Recognition Assembly to recognize many of our wonderful students for their achievement and growth.
We recognized students for exemplary citizenship, perfect attendance, ... Read More
- DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators for Basic Early Literary Skills) March 21, 2016 Dynamic Indicators for Basic Early Literary Skills (DIBELS)
Similarly to MAP, we also assess students 3 times a year on their reading fluency. This is a school wide indicator of our ... Read More
- MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) Assessments March 21, 2016 Measures in Academic Progress (MAP) Assessment –
This is a comprehensive test in mathematics and English language arts (ELA) given to all Ferndale elementary students.
It is mandatory for students to take ... Read More