Facilities Advisory Committee
The Facilities Advisory Committee is comprised of a cross-section of stakeholders from the community and district who are identified through an application process to serve two to three year terms.
- researches best practices in education and the facilities needed to support such practices;
- develops a long-range vision for Ferndale’s educational facilities;
- examines the needs of students and staff across the district as they relate to the condition of their learning environments;
- assesses the state of the district’s current facilities in terms of identified needs and long-range vision;
- creates a comprehensive, prioritized list of immediate and long-term facilities projects; and
- makes recommendation to the school board concerning the next steps for addressing needs and realizing the vision.